Erika Weissenborn is a holistic nutritionist living in Vancouver, BC. She has a Bachelor of Science in Food Nutrition and Health and is a Certified Nutritional Practitioner. With a comprehensive nutrition background, Erika has completed studies in science based nutrition, holistic nutrition and orthomolecular health. She uses these approaches for an all-encompassing look at each client, assessing their health background, lifestyle habits, eating style, and nutritional opinions. From there Erika works with her clients using a step by step goals focussed approach to achieve their health objectives in a sustainable and achievable fashion.
Erika's focus of practice:
- Sustainable weight loss through holistic nutrition education, goal setting and habit change.
- Improving digestive health and function by recognizing and removing food sensitivities and eating habits that contribute to digestive distress.
- Helping clients to have a more fun and enjoyable experience with creating food and trying new recipes.
Erika has taught courses and lectured at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, Capilano University and the University of British Columbia. She loves helping people better understand nutrition and health, and to try and make it a fun and approachable topic for many. Erika works with her students to help them understand their individuality, and how to make the best choices for their body and lifestyle.
Erika grew up on the Sunshine Coast, and enjoys going back to her home town as often as possible. She enjoys the outdoors, hiking, and exploring the North Shore mountains as often as she can. She is a student in Ashtanga yoga at studies at Ashtanga Yoga Vancouver. Travelling and taking workshops on personal development and entrepreneurship are other favourites for Erika.
Education and Accomplishments:
- Bachelor of Science in Food, Nutrition and Health - The University of British Columbia, 2012
- Certified Nutritional Practitioner - The Institute of Holistic Nutrition, 2013
- Nutrition Project coordinator Internship - Aids Support Organization - Jinja, Uganda, 2011
- Instructor at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, 2014-2015
- Voted #1 Nutritionist in the Georgia Straight People’s choice “Best of Vancouver” 2016
- Member of Big Tsunami - highest grossing BNI Chapter, Vancouver, BC